Are you getting the “https://aka.ms/remoteconnect enter this code” error when you try to sign in to your Minecraft game? This error code doesn’t allow the players to access their game on the console and annoys the pretty hell out of the users.
Microsoft aka.ms/remoteconnect website enables users to enjoy crossplay. The users just have to sign up for a Microsoft account and use this account on their consoles to get a code. Then activate your console on aka.ms/remoteconnect website. By signing into Minecraft with the Microsoft account, the players can enjoy crossplay.
However, some of the users are not easily able to get to the Minecraft game using their MS account. When tried to log in using the Microsoft account, the game shows this error “https://aka.ms/remoteconnect”. In this post, we are going to tell you how to fix this error easily.
What Is aka.ms/remoteconnect
Microsoft remote connect enables the users to play Minecraft on their computers without any hassle. Connecting Minecraft to Microsoft account allows the option of crossplay. This means if you use a Microsoft account to sign in to your Minecraft game, then you can play with your friend on Xbox or PS4 even if you are using a computer.
When trying to sign into their respective Minecraft accounts, users get this “https://aka.ms/remoteconnect Minecraft Login” error. This error code just doesn’t subside no matter how many times you retry to sign in. This Microsoft Minecraft remoteconnect error can be seen on Xbox, PS4, and Nintendo consoles mostly.
Causes of https //aka.ms/remoteconnect Minecraft
These are the most possible causes why the aka ms/remoteconnect error occurs on your game.
- Switching console: Since RemoteConnect allows cross-play, it is sure that the users try to sign in to Minecraft on a different console. In such cases, the error code can appear.
- First-time MS account user: If you have created a Microsoft account just now, and you are trying to sign in for Minecraft for the first-time using this account, then this can also be the reason for the error.
- Corrupted Minecraft game files: Sometimes, the game files that we saved on our device get corrupted resulting in sign-in bugs and error codes.
How To Fix Minecraft Login aka.ms/remoteconnect Error
Below are the 4 best methods to fix the Minecraft sign-in error “aka.ms/remoteconnect”. If you are trying to sign in so many times, but not able to successfully log in to your Minecraft game, then these methods will help you out for sure.
1. Microsoft Sign In Code For Xbox and PS4
The first and most simple solution for fixing the https://aka.ms/remoteconnect error is to enter the code given by the error page on Microsoft remoteconnect page. Follow the simple steps given below to fix your issue.
- First of all, open your console, Xbox, PS4, or Nintendo that you want to play Minecraft on.
- Now, select the “Sign in with Microsoft account” option from the login screen.
- Next, enter your Microsoft account id and password and wait for the code.
- Then, open your browser and go to https://aka.ms/remoteconnect website.
- Here, enter the code that you got on the screen of the console and click “Next”.
- Most probably, you will be signed in to your Minecraft without any issues.
2. Reset Microsoft Password
Maybe you forgot the password or even if you are entering the correct password, there is a sign-in bug for Minecraft. In such cases, it is recommended to reset your password and then try to sign in to the Minecraft game using a Microsoft account. Here is how to do so.
- First of all, use your computer or smartphone browser and visit the Microsoft Password Reset page.
- Now, enter your registered email ID or phone number that you used for the account.
- A verification code will be sent to your email or phone number.
- Enter this code and reset your password.
- Now, go to your Minecraft game and try to sign in to your game using a Microsoft account.
- Hopefully, you won’t find any issue this time.
- How to stop chrome from blocking downloads
- How to stream snipe Fortnite
- Grammarly free trial for students
- How to fix Vizio tv black screen of death
3. Clear Minecraft Saved Files
The game files saved on your device have a chance of getting corrupted. This is why when you try to sign in using your Microsoft account, there is a sign-in error. Therefore, it is better to delete the game files on your device and then start as a fresh and new one.
- Go to the device in which your Minecraft game is active. It can be your Xbox One, PS4, or Xbox 360.
- Now, go to the “Settings” page and select the option for “System”.
- Next, from the System Settings menu, you have to open the “Storage” option.
- In Storage, you will see two game files. Select the files and delete them.
- Now, exit the game and launch Minecraft using your Microsoft account.
- This time, hopefully, there will be no aka.ms/remoteconnect bug.
4. Get a New Microsoft Account
If none of the above methods are helping you to fix the sign-in issue on Minecraft, then just create a new account on Microsoft. Microsoft allows you to create more than one account for free. So, try this method.
- Go to the Microsoft sign-up page and click on “Create a Microsoft account”.
- Now, enter your email address and phone number and click on “Next”.
- Follow the on-page instructions, set a password, and create an account.
- Next, go to the Minecraft sign-in page and enter the new Microsoft account.
- Most probably, a remote play code will appear without showing any failed login error.
- Provide this code on the aka.ms/remoteconnect page and start using Minecraft.
How To Enable Cross-Play For Minecraft
We have shown how to enable the cross-platform for your Minecraft game on Xbox, PS4, and Switch consoles. All you have to do is create a free Microsoft account and sign in using this account on Minecraft. Once you have linked your game with Microsoft, you can start using the cross-platform feature. Now, you have to know how to enable cross-play on your device so that you can invite your friends.
1. Enable Cross-play On Xbox
If you are an Xbox user, then follow the steps given below to enable the cross-play in your Xbox settings.
- Press the Xbox button on the controller to open the Xbox menu.
- Now, go to Account -> Account Privacy -> Online Safety -> Xbox Live Privacy.
- Next, navigate to Custom -> View Details -> Customize.5 -> Communication and Multiplayer.
- Make “You can communicate outside of Xbox Live” to “Everybody”.
- Now, you can play with all the different platforms that are compatible with your console.
2. Enable Cross-play On PS4
If you are a PS4 user, then follow the steps given below to allow other platforms to join the multiplayer servers on Minecraft.
- Firstly, go to the lobby menu, and open the “Options”.
- Now, click on the “Gameplay” tab and scroll down to “Crossplay”.
- Select “Enabled” next to Crossplay to turn on the option.
- Now, open your Minecraft server and invite your friends to the game.
That was all about fixing the Microsoft sign-in error for Minecraft, https://aka.ms/remoteconnect. When tried to switch to a new device or in case of corrupted data, this issue can occur. Try the methods given below to fix the Microsoft sign-in error on Minecraft. Hope you found the solutions given here helpful. Vist TechRulz for more informative guides and how-to articles.