Are you continuously getting a black screen on your Vizio TV? In some cases, the TV turns on, and later the screen goes black. Whereas with some users, the TV just doesn’t turn on and only shows a blank screen. If you are also trouble with the same issue, then know how to fix Vizio TV black screen of death in this guide.
Vizio TVs are one of the most widely used Televisions and the prices are also affordable for these TVs which makes the customers get attracted to them. However, many Vizio users nowadays are having trouble accessing the Television as Vizio TV goes black for a few seconds and then becomes normal. For some users, it takes a lot of time to get back to the normal screen.
This black screen which we see is also called the black screen of death. If you are also facing Vizio TV problems such as the black screen of death, then read this guide till the last to know how to fix Vizio TV black screen of death. We are going to share some of the most effective solutions for your Vizio TV.
Why Is My Vizio TV Showing Black Screen Of Death?
There are several reasons why your Vizio TV might show a black screen of death or doesn’t turn on even when the power is on. In most cases, the Vizio TVs face connection issues which is why you get a black screen. Or in case of any internal parts getting damaged, this can also lead to streaming issues on your TV.
To know how to fix Vizio TV black screen of death, we have to find the reason. In order to know where the issue lies, you have to perform some of the checks that are given below.
1. Check The Cables
The first thing you should check when your TV doesn’t turn on is to check the cables obviously. Connection issues can lead to many problems on your TV.
- Turn off the TV and unplug it from the wall socket or power source.
- Now, thoroughly check the cables connecting to your TV.
- Make sure that the cables are not damaged or have any cuts.
- If you see everything is fine, plug the TV back in and turn it on.
- Press the power button to turn off the TV and wait for a few seconds.
- Then, press the power button again to turn on the TV.
- If you are not able to see any image, try the next tests.
2. Sound Test
First of all, see if your Vizio TV is making any sounds. Many users have said that their TV makes sound but doesn’t display any image.
- Plugin your TV and turn it on.
- Try to play any video by guessing where it can be.
- Make sure the volume is high.
- Increase the volume and check if you hear anything.
3. Use Flashlight
In case if you are able to hear a sound from the above test, now, try to check for the image. For this, you will need a flashlight.
- Grab a flashlight and turn it on or use mobile flash.
- Turn on your TV and incident the flashlight on the screen.
- Adjust your position at 2 or 3 inches away from the screen.
- Now, check carefully if you can see an image.
In any case, whether you see an image, or not, there is an issue going on with your device. Once you check the above situations, try the methods given below to fix the problem. Here is how to fix Vizio TV black screen of death easily.
How To Fix Vizio TV Black Screen Of Death
Here is how to fix Vizio TV Black Screen Of Death with easy methods. Try out these solutions one by one and you will have a working Vizio TV in hand within no time.
1. Power Cycle Your TV
The simplest way how to fix Vizio TV Black Screen of Death is by power cycling your device and its network resources. Follow these simple steps to power cycle your Vizio TV.
- Turn off the TV and take out the plug from the socket.
- Now, press the power button on your Vizio TV for at least 10 seconds.
- Then, plug in the TV and switch it on.
- Check if the Black Screen Of Death is gone or not.
2. Open Menu
Sometimes, only the main screen doesn’t show up but the TV will be working fine. So, to check that you have to perform this second solution.
- Turn on your TV and wait for a minute for the TV to boot up.
- Now, grab your remote and press the menu button.
- Check if the menu appears on the screen.
- If the menu shows up, then it is a connection problem that can be fixed.
- If the menu doesn’t show up, contact Vizio support.
3. Press The Mute Button
This is another helpful method that is also recommended by the official Vizio support page for the “How to fix Vizio TV Black Screen of Death” issue. If you are not able to turn on your TV or the Vizio TV is showing a BSoD, then use the “Mute Screen” feature to make sure whether your TV is turned on or off. Using this, you can at least know whether the audio is playing or not.
- Turn on your Vizio and grab your remote wherever it is.
- Now, press and hold the mute button on the remote for at least 5 seconds.
- This will activate/deactivate the mute feature of your screen.
- If the audio is playing behind a BSoD, then it means the display of your TV has gone bad.
4. Replace Control Board
Here is another method that shows how to fix Vizio TV black screen of death problem. This is a little tricky but you can do it easily. If none of the above methods are fixing the problem, we suggest replacing the main board of your TV. Here is how to do it in easy and simple steps.
- A soft and dry cloth or towel which is thick in size.
- A screwdriver to open the Television panel.
- A box or container to keep all the removed screws in one place.
Here is how to fix Vizio TV black screen of death by replacing the T-Con board.
- Place the cloth or towel on a flat surface and keep your Television on it with its face down.
- Open the Television’s back panel by removing all the screws.
- Check if the fuses in the TV are alright. Most TVs have 5 fuses, so check if yours have 5.
- If any one of the fuses looks short-circuited, change the fuse.
- Now, disconnect all the wires connected to the control board.
- Next, remove the control board by opening the screws.
- Place the brand new control board and tighten the screws.
- Reconnect all the cables and wires as they were. Keep an image not to forget.
- Then, put the back cover on the TV and tighten the screws.
- Plug your TV into a power source and turn it on.
- Hopefully, this time your Vizio TV will show pictures.
This is how to fix Vizio TV black screen of death. If unfortunately, the Vizio TV no picture issue is not fixed yet, try the next method.
- Device descriptor request failed android
- Best football streaming sites
- How to share a youtube video on Instagram
- Youtube tv redeem code
5. Replace Other Components
Apart from the fuse and the mainboard, if the inverter board or any other main component of the hardware of your Vizio TV gets damaged, this can also lead to issues. For that, you need to have the components checked and replaced. If you are not so sure about the hardware and its related parts, just contact a TV technician. If your TV has a warranty, then you can also ask for a replacement or a free service.
6. Contact Vizio Support
If none of the methods helped you to fix the Vizio TV screen issues, try to contact Vizio customer support. You can ask them how to fix Vizio TV black screen of death issues at home. If you don’t want to do it by yourself, you can ask Vizio to send a technician. If your TV is still under the warranty period, the service will be free. Contact Vizio customer support on (855) 472-8817.
We have provided the best and effective fixes for how to fix Vizio TV black screen of death. Try out the fixes shared here and make sure to tell us what fix did you find helpful from here. If you have come up with any ideas for how to fix Vizio TV black screen of death, share them with us too. For more useful guides, stay tuned to TechRulz.