Know how to stop Avast browser from opening on Startup on Windows here. In this article, we are going to tell you some easy and working methods to stop Avast browser from opening on Startup. Most Avast Secure Browser and Avast antivirus users are encountering the same problem these days. So, if you are also annoyed because of this problem, get the fixes for it here.
Avast is a cybersecurity software company that develops computer security software applications. Avast Antivirus, Avast Secure Browser, and Avast SecureLine VPN are the main products launched under this company. It is estimated that more than 435 million monthly active users can be seen on Avast software. The freemium version of Avast offers basic features for free whereas the Premium version includes additional benefits.
Avast Secure Browser is a web browser developed by Avast. This web browser mainly focuses on internet privacy and data security. Therefore, a lot of Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS users trust Avast for safe browsing. However, the users are complaining that the Avast browser opens on startup. Whenever the device restarts or reboots, the browser opens automatically.
Reasons Why Avast Browser Opens On Startup
The most possible reason for Avast opening on Startup is because it was enabled to do so. If you have, without noticing properly, turned on the option for “opening on startup”, then it can open on reboot. Other than this, a lot of users install the VPN or Antivirus developed by Avast. Using Avast software applications, you may mistakenly accept “Avast browser” as your default browser.
The most common reasons are those which are given above. However, if you have not turned on the “Automatic startup” option or haven’t set “Avast Secure Browser” as default, and still you have the same problem, then it can be due to a faulty browser. Using a corrupted browser may also cause it to open on startup without your consent.
How To Stop Avast Browser From Opening On Startup
If your Avast Secure Browser is continuously opening on Startup, then you can easily fix the issue by performing some simple solutions. We have provided the best and working methods here that have worked for other users as well. Just use these methods and stop Avast browser from opening on startup. Here is how to stop Avast browser from opening on startup easily.
1. Disable Avast Browser On Startup In Task Manager
Avast browser keeps opening on Startup if the application process is not closed properly. Running processes in Task Manager may automatically start on a reboot. Therefore, disable Avast browser in the Startup tab of Task Manager to stop Avast browser from opening on Startup.
- Go to the Start menu and right-click on it. Open the Task Manager from the given menu.
- Now, click on the “Startup” tab and find Avast Secure Browser on the list of apps.
- Right-click on Avast Secure Browser, and select “Disable”.
- Now, the Avast browser won’t open on Startup anymore.
2. Turn Off Avast Secure Browser Startup Option
If you have turned on the “Automatic Startup” feature on your Avast Secure Browser, then it can lead to this issue. Therefore, make sure the Avast Startup option is turned off. Here is how to turn off Avast Secure Browser Startup feature.
- First of all, open Avast Secure Browser on your device.
- Now, click on the three vertical dots located at the top-right corner.
- From the given menu, click on the “Settings” option.
- Scroll down on the Settings page and find the “On Startup” section.
- Here, turn off the option for “Launch Avast Secure Browser automatically when your computer starts”.
- Exit the window and restart your browser.
- Now, reboot your device and check if Avast still opens on startup.
- how to make amiibo cards
- how to stop chrome from blocking downloads
- batman arkham games in order
- 123movies unblocked site
3. Reinstall Avast Secure Browser
This is one of the best and effective methods to get rid of the problem. If your browser is facing any issues or software glitches, uninstalling the browser will be a good choice. You can again install the latest version of Avast Secure Browser and start using it without any automatic starting issues. Here is how to stop Avast browser from opening on Startup by uninstalling it.
A. Using Control Panel
Follow the steps given below to uninstall Avast Secure Browser using the Control Panel on Windows.
- First of all, go to the Start menu and search for Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and then click on “Programs”.
- From the two options, select “Programs and Features”.
- Here, find the Avast Secure Browser app, and select it.
- Click on “Uninstall”.
- A confirmation window will appear. Again select “Uninstall”.
- Once the browser is deleted, restart the device.
- Go to the official website of Avast browser and install it.
B. Using System Settings
Follow the steps given below to uninstall Avast Secure Browser using the Windows System Settings.
- Press the Windows+I keys to go to the Windows Settings page.
- Now, click on the “Apps” section from the settings.
- Here, scroll down and find “Avast Secure Browser”.
- Click on “Avast Secure Browser” and select “Uninstall”.
- A confirmation pop-up will appear. Again select “Uninstall”.
- Once the browser is uninstalled from the device, restart your PC.
- Go to the official website of Avast browser and install it.
4. Switch To Another Web Browser
Still, the same issue? If you have tried all the methods given above to stop Avast browser from opening on startup, but the web browser still gives the same problem, then saying goodbye to Avast Secure Browser would be better. Uninstall Avast from your computer and download a safe and reliable web browser.
There are a number of web browsers available online that ensure secure and safe browsing. You can go through their reviews and install the web browser that has features for your needs. You must also make sure that your web browser doesn’t take a single action without your permission. So, uninstall Avast Secure Browser and get another alternative to it.
That was all about how to stop Avast browser from opening on startup. If your Avast browser opens on startup or whenever you restart or reboot your device, try the methods given in this post. Hopefully, you will be able to fix the problem with these easy methods. If you like this guide, then share this information with others too. Keep reading our articles at TechRulz for more updated and useful information.