Twitch Error 2000: Many Twitch users have been complaining about their favorite app Twitch which is showing error codes such as network error. When tried to open this app, the users are encountering this message “There was a network error. Please try Again. (#Error 2000)”.
Twitch is the world’s largest live streaming platform used by millions of daily active gamers. This app is used for live video streaming and is used for also viewing live esports. Many gamers gather in this app and play games forming communities.
But, due to some network issues, a lot of users have been getting the “Twitch Network Error 2000”. Want to know how to fix this issue and start viewing your Twitch streams like before? Read this post till the last and fix your Twitch app within no time.
What Is Twitch Error 2000
Twitch Error 2000 is a network error, as the warning itself says. Network errors are common in most of the apps that use an active internet connection to work. When faced with any problem with your internet signals, the app becomes unable to send and receive signals to the server and gives network errors.
Causes Of Error 2000 Twitch
It is clear that a network issue can be caused due to an interruption of signals between your device and the main server of Twitch. However, below are some of the most common causes of Twitch app network error.
- Weak internet connection: The most possible reason for having issues with your network on Twitch are a poor internet connection.
- Twitch server is down: Besides your device, sometimes the Twitch app itself faces problems and doesn’t let the users connect to its main server or database.
- Cache and cookies: Every time you visit a website or page on your browser, the browser keeps the history, cookies, and cache files of your every search history. A lot of cache files can also result in errors.
- Antivirus Application: If you have an antivirus app installed on your device, then it can be the culprit. Antivirus software may block Twitch resulting in Twitch error 2000.
- Adblocker extension: If you have any ad-blocking software on your computer, then it can also cause Twitch to not stream properly.
How To Fix Twitch Error 2000
These are the best solutions to fix the Twitch error 2000 on your computer or smartphone easily. We have provided each method with detailed steps below that you can easily perform.
1. Check If Twitch Server Is Down
When you see that your Twitch application is showing a network error, then, first of all, make sure whether the problem is lying on your device or the server itself is down. Many times, the main server of the application faces some problems which can only be fixed by the developer team. Until then, you can just wait patiently.
- To know if the server is actually down or not, you can visit the official page on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram.
- Or you can visit the official website of Twitch and check if the server is down.
- Or, if you have any friends who use Twitch, ask them if they are also getting the error.
- If you got to know that the server is completely fine, then perform the solutions given below.
2. Connect To Strong Internet
Now that you know that the Twitch server is not down, but your network is having problems, you must check your internet connection first. A weak internet connection or unstable wi-fi can be the reason why the server is unable to identify your IP address and is giving network errors.
- Turn off the router and wait for a few seconds. Turn on the router again and connect to the wi-fi.
- If the router signals are weak, connect to a mobile hotspot, or use an ethernet cable.
- Make sure to switch to a strong internet connection and check if Twitch is working.
3. Clear Cache and Cookies
The third method you are going to use is clearing the browsing history, cookies, and cached files from your browser. Here is how to clear cache and cookies from your Google Chrome browser.
- Go to Chrome and on the home page, click on the ellipsis icon at the top-right corner.
- Now, on the given drop-down menu, go to “More Tools”.
- From the left side of the options, now click on “Clear browsing data…”.
- Select the time range as “All Time”.
- Select the boxes for cookies and other site data, and Cached images and files.
- Finally, click on the “Clear data” button to erase all the cache and cookies.
4. Disable Adblocker Extensions
If you have an adblocker extension on your computer, make sure to turn it off. Since Twitch is an ad-supported platform, adblocker software blocks this app. Here is how to disable the adblocker extension.
- Open Chrome and type “chrome://extensions” in the search bar and press Enter.
- The extensions page will be opened now.
- Go to the Adblocker software and disable the extension.
- Then, use Twitch and check if the Twitch error 2000 is fixed.
5. Turn Off Antivirus
The Antivirus applications you have installed on your computer suspect any file that is a mere threat and blocks it away. When your app is blocked, the server can’t detect your IP address and results in network errors like Twitch error 2000. So, go to your antivirus application and turn it off temporarily.
6. Switch To Another Browser
Most users have complained that they have a problem using Twitch only when they are using it on Chrome. So, whichever browser you are using, try to change to a different browser and then check if Twitch shows any error. Opera is the best option if you want to switch your browser.
7. Disable Proxy Server or VPN
Using a VPN or Proxy for your device? Get rid of it temporarily if you want your Twitch application to run properly. When using a VPN or Proxy server, your IP address is masked and the Twitch server won’t be able to detect your device. So, temporarily disable VPN or Proxy.
- To disable VPN, just go to chrome://extensions and disable the extension.
- For the Proxy server, press Windows+I keys to go to the Settings page.
- Now, click on the “Network & Internet” section and open it.
- Next, from the left pane, click on the “Proxy” option.
- Under Automatic Proxy Setup, disable “Automatically detect settings”.
- Exit the settings and restart your computer.
- Launch Twitch and hopefully, the Twitch error 2000 will not show up.
8. Reinstall Twitch
If none of the methods given above are helping you to fix the Twitch error 2000 network error, then just uninstall the app and install it as a fresh one again. Here is how to uninstall Twitch from your computer.
- On your desktop, go to the search bar, and open “Programs and Features”.
- Now, on the Programs and Features window, click on “Twitch”.
- Click on the “Uninstall” button and delete the app from your device.
- Now, visit the official website of Twitch and download the latest version of Twitch.
- Install the app successfully and start using it.
- By performing this method, the error code will be fixed for sure.
We hope this fixing guide helped you to get rid of the Twitch error 2000 network error. This Twitch error occurs due to network issues, so you have to make sure that your connection is strong, no extensions or apps are blocking Twitch, and the VPN is disabled. If nothing works, just reinstall Twitch for the ultimate fix. If you want more informative guides and fixes like this, visit our website at TechRulz.com.