Is your HP printer printing blank pages or shady pages? This can be due to cartridge issues or any software bugs in your printer driver. Regardless of the reason, if you want to know how to fix HP printer that prints blank pages, then read this post to get amazing printouts by fixing your printer.
Printers are one of the basic necessities in today’s world. No matter what field you are in, from a student to an employee, everyone uses a printer for their needs. But, many HP and other printer users are complaining that their printer is giving blank and empty printouts.
As we know printers mainly use cartridges to print on paper, if your cartridge ran out of ink or there is an issue with placing the cartridge, then this can be the reason why your printer is printing blank pages. If you are also having the same issue, then know how to fix HP printer that prints blank pages in this post.
How To Fix HP Printer That Prints Blank Pages
Here is how to fix HP printer that prints blank pages in easy steps. Follow the methods one by one given below and fix your printer issues within no time. After trying our fixes, hopefully, your printer would be fixed.
1. Check Your Ink Cartridge
The first method for how to fix HP printer that prints blank pages is to check the ink cartridge of your printer. You have to make sure that the ink cartridges are full and also do not have any blockage or clogging issues. In case if your printer is running out of ink, then it can cause blank printouts.
- Check the tri-color cartridge at the left of the printer carriage and the black-color cartridge at the right of the printer carriage.
- Open the cartridges and check if there is sufficient ink and also take a note if they are clogged or dry.
2. Reinsert The Ink Cartridges
In some cases, the cartridges are not inserted properly or get misplaced while in use which is actually very rare. Anyhow, to be on the safe side, remove the ink cartridges and insert them again properly.
- Remove the cartridges from the printer and check thoroughly.
- Make sure the ink cartridges are not damaged or clogged.
- Insert them again properly and carefully.
- Close the carriage and try to print something.
- Check if you are still getting blank pages.
3. Update Printer Driver
If you are still having blank pages from your printer, then here is how to fix HP printer that prints blank pages. You have to update the drivers for your printer. This method has fixed the problem for so many users. Hopefully, this will work for you. Here is how to fix HP printer that prints blank pages.
- On your desktop, press Windows+R keys to open the run box.
- Now, type “devmgmt.msc” in the box and click on “OK”.
- You will be taken to the device manager.
- Now, expand the options for “Print queues”.
- Next, right-click on the HP printer that you are using.
- Then, select the “Update driver” option from here.
- A pop-up will appear. Click on “Search automatically for updated driver software”.
- Let the update finish and restart your computer.
This is how to fix HP printer that prints blank pages. Updating the driver can fix so many issues including the blank page one.
4. Switch To Genuine HP Cartridges
Most users get these issues where their HP printer prints blank pages due to the usage of other company’s cartridges on their printers. It is better to use dedicated HP ink cartridges for HP printers. Therefore, if you were using any other cartridges for your printer, buy HP cartridges and install them. Hopefully, this method will fix the problem.
5. Use HP Print and Scan Doctor
HP Print and Scan Doctor is an optimization and repairing tool for HP printers. This software is free to download and install. Hence, install this tool on your PC or computer and follow the steps given below.
- Visit the HP Support page and download HP Print and Scan Doctor application.
- Once downloaded, click on the installation file to install it on your device.
- After installation is completed, open the HP Print and Scan Doctor program.
- Click on the “Start” button and follow the on-screen instructions to start the scan.
- You have to choose your printer type and other specified details for the scan.
- Wait for the scan to complete and then restart your computer.
This is another way how to fix HP printer that prints blank pages easily. If you are still receiving blank pages from your printer even after using this tool, try the next and most effective method.
6. Clean Printing Preferences
If you use a printer on your Windows device, then cleaning the printer preference options on your PC can magically solve the issue of getting blank pages from your printer. Here is what you need to do in easy and simple steps.
- On your Windows 10 PC, go to the search bar and type “printers & scanners”.
- Open the Printers & Scanners program from the search results.
- Now, select the printer that you use on this device and click on the “Manage” option.
- Next, click on the “Printing Preferences” option.
- A new window will open now. Switch to the “Maintenance” tab.
- Then, select the “Nozzle check” option which is the very first one on the page.
- Now, select the “Print” button located at the bottom-right of the pop-up.
- Then, you have to click on the “Clean” button on the screen.
- Click on “Start” to start cleaning. Wait for a while for the clean to complete.
- Once done, click on the “Finish” button and exit the window.
This is how to fix HP printer that prints blank pages easily. Now, try to print something, and hopefully, you will not see any blank pages.
Those were the 6 best methods for how to fix HP printer that prints blank pages easily. Follow the methods that we have listed here and fix your printers easily at home. If you liked this post, please share it with your friends and others. For more useful guides, visit the TechRulz website.