Hey, what’s going on, guys? Welcome back to Techrulz and in today’s tutorial, I’m going to show you how to add music to Instagram story. Before the recent Instagram update, there was a very simple way to add any music you want to your Instagram stories.
There was actually a dedicated menu before the update right underneath, but not anymore. They took it away. So in order to add music now, you have to do some extra steps. So I’m going to show you three simple methods to add any music you want to your Instagram stories.
The first method is going to be the in-built option, the music option within Instagram, but there are some limitations to it. So I’m going to give you other methods that will show you how to add music to Instagram Story even when you’re offline. So make sure you stay until the end of this article to find out two of the other methods as well. With that being said, let’s just dive into this article.
How to Add Music to Instagram Story
I am going to share the three most effective methods that will tell you how to add music to Instagram Story. The first one is the most straightforward one which is the built-in option in Instagram. However, the first method doesn’t give much chance to explore. Therefore, I have also listed out two other methods below.
1. Instagram Story Music
The first method for adding music to an Instagram story is by going to your Instagram stories and taking a regular video. So make sure you go hands-free. And then start taking any video or you can even upload any video you want from your camera by swiping up. But in order to use this method, you need to have an Internet connection. If you don’t have it, you can’t use any music.
- To start with, I’m going to record any random video.
- And after I’ve done that, I’m going to stop it and go to the stickers section.
- Now, you see can the music option over there.
- But if you don’t see it right away, you can just type in music and search for that.
- With that, you will get all the music that is trending at the moment.
- You can use any of these music files or you can search it up all the way over there.
- Select the song, add filters, and that’s it. Post your story.
This is the simplest method to add music to Instagram stories. But you’re still kind of limited to the songs that are available here. You wouldn’t be able to add any song that you want. There are only a limited number of songs to browse from here.
So let’s say I want to add a selected song right here. You can just select any random part of it, any part that you want to be in your video. And then you can switch it up, you can put the text, or if you don’t want to text, you can just leave it like this. That’s it. You can see that the video is playing music.
This method is kind of limited. You need to have wi-fi in order to load up the music options that are built-in there. But what if you don’t have wi-fi and you wanted to record a video with music in the background? Look at the second method.
2. Add Music to Instagram in Offline Mode
Here is how to add music to Instagram Story without any limitation. In order to do that, you will need to have some type of music player. Let’s say you want to use Spotify or even something like an audio Mac, which allows you to play any music that you want in the offline mode.
If you want to use Spotify, make sure you have Spotify premium. If you don’t have the premium, you won’t be able to select any song that you want. But even without a Spotify premium, you can try out this method. I’m going to use a Spotify music player here. This works for the offline version as well.
- Open Spotify in offline mode. It will show you are in offline mode, go to offline music.
- And right there is all the music that I have downloaded that I can listen to at the moment.
- Let’s say I want to put a particular song in my Instagram story video.
- I will just play the song I want to add to my story and close the app.
- Now, go to your Instagram and start shooting any video.
Or you can even scroll to handsfree and then just do this super easy and the music is playing in the background. That’s it. The music will also be recorded in the video. You can add any music right here even in offline mode. You can add any music that you want from the music player that you have already downloaded to your Instagram stories without any Wi-Fi connection. That was method number two.
- Airpod case not charging
- Safest browser for windows 10
- VR Xbox 360 pc emulator
- Games which don’t need internet
3. Video Editor Applications
Last but not least. For this method, I’m going to be using an app called In Shot here. You can use any other video editor of your choice. But for me, in my experience, this was the best out of all the other apps in the App Store.
You can upload any video that you’ve taken within your camera or you can upload any previous videos from your gallery. So let’s say I want to use a particular video for my Instagram story. I’m going to go ahead and upload it in In Shot and then add music to it.
- Install In Shot application on your smartphone or computer and open it.
- Upload a video that you want to add music to. You can even add multiple videos to this app and edit them in the way you want it.
- And then after you’ve uploaded your video, go to the option that says music.
- From here, you have three options. You can add any tracks, any songs you want from your Apple Music or even iTunes.
- You can even use downloaded music on your iTunes.
- The other option is giving a voiceover. You can add a voice recording of your own or play a song and record it for the video.
- You can put any sound that you want, just click, OK. And then you can add any background check.
- Then you can save this video in your camera gallery just like this.
- Now, go to your Instagram story and scroll up or swipe up. Select the video you have edited using In Shot and upload it to your story.
- That’s it. You can see that the video is playing along with music in the background. This is how to add music to Instagram Story using In Shot.
So, these were the three methods on how to add music to Instagram Story. Method one, two, or three, whatever you guys want to use, those are some of the simplest, most easy ways to add music to your Instagram stories. So I hope you enjoyed this article and found it useful. For more articles from TechRulz, stay tuned. And with that being said, I will catch you in the next post.