Xfinity TV remote is one of the most important parts to enjoy your Xfinity entertainment at home. It offers a lot of benefits but if you have been facing Xfinity remote not working problems then there might be something wrong with the hardware or your device.
Having issues with remote control buttons can be frustrating as it can ruin your Xfinity experience. There are many reasons why Xfinity remote not working issues might have occurred.
But there are also various working ways to fix the issues. If you are facing this issue with your remote control, then this guide is for you. We have explained 8 Working ways to fix Xfinity remote not working issue.
Why is My Xfinity remote not working?
If Xfinity remote not working problem occurred then there can be many reasons behind it. Generally, the hardware part of the remote might have got damaged and sometimes the server-side connection or remote servers may also play a vital role in causing this issue. Let’s see how to resolve different problems that are causing Xfinity remote not working issues.
8 Working Ways to Fix Xfinity remote not working
It is known that the Xfinity remote not working issue can be fixed by simply replacing the batteries. But here we have provided some other most effective ways to fix Xfinity remote not working problem.
1) Replace Batteries of Xfinity Remote
You need to open up the back panel of your remote. Now you will see three small size batteries that are fitted into the case. It is advised to use new batteries rather than any other type of battery.
Take out these old batteries and replace them with new ones. Close the back panel and try using the remote.
2) Reboot the Device
Sometimes the new updates might have some issues and it might sometimes lead to Xfinity remote not working issues. If you have installed any new updates on your device then it is recommended to reboot the system.
Also, the Xfinity remote not working problem can also occur if the power source is disrupted. So you can try unplugging the system for 10 minutes and start it again. It will help in fixing the issue immediately.
3) Reset Xfinity Remote to Default Settings
Another way that might work is that you reset your Xfinity remote to default settings. This method works almost every time when you are facing any issue with any device. Just follow these steps:
- Press & hold the ‘Setup’ button on the back of the TV box until the red light blinks twice or until the TV screen goes blank (approx 7 secs).
- Press the Dish Network button once on the original remote control handset.
- Then, press the Power button on the back of the box.
- Now, wait for 30 seconds and the TV box will reboot.
- The Xfinity Remote should now be reset to factory defaults settings. If not contact us at 1-800-XFINITY.
4) Unsubscribe Xfinity TV on any other device
If you are using more than one system for streaming or showing content then it might happen that one of your devices is having some issue which is causing this problem on yours too.
So first you have to check if all your devices are working properly or not. If the other systems are still working fine but you are facing Xfinity remote not working issues, then it can be due to this reason only. So try unsubscribing the service from any other device and check if the issue is resolved or not. You can re-activate it again by signing in to your Xfinity account on any of your devices.
5) Xfinity Voice Remote Control
If you are using an Xfinity voice remote control then you might have faced this trouble more often because of its complex hardware.
Restart the remote control and check if it is working. If not, then try to change its batteries and see if that solves the problem. By following this method you can resolve Xfinity voice remote control problems as well.
6) Check Whether your Xfinity Remote is Connected to Your TV or not
If your Xfinity remote is not connected to the TV then you will face this issue all the time. So in order to check whether it is properly connected to your TV or not follow these steps:
- Open the back panel of your Xfinity remote and you will see a small LED light fitted inside.
- Check the LED light whether it is on or not. If no light is coming out of it, then there might be some issue with your remote. So try replacing it and check if this solved your issue or not.
7) Make Sure Your Xfinity TV Box is Working Properly
So basically Xfinity voice has two parts. One is a voice remote and the other one is Xfinity Cable Box or TV box.
If your Xfinity cable box or TV box is not working properly then you will face issues with your remote as well. So in order to check if everything is fine with it try these steps:
- Go to ‘Settings’ and click on ‘System Info’.
- There you will find a list of HW and SW details.
- Check for Xfinity Cable Box or TV box model number and check whether everything is working fine with it or not. If the cable box is having any issue then try replacing its batteries and check if that solves your problem or not.
8) Try Using Different Remote
If none of the above steps are working then try using another Xfinity remote and check if that is working.
To Sum it Up, Xfinity remote not working is a very common problem that the users are facing. If you are trying to fix this issue on your own then make sure that you follow every step carefully without missing any of them.
If you find it difficult, then contact Xfinity Customer Service for more help and guidance. And if you have any other suggestions feel free to comment in the box below. Thanks! Stay tuned to Techrulz for more working fixes.