Not interested in Spotify anymore? If you want to know how to cancel Spotify Premium on your device, you have chosen the right article. We will tell you all the details about Spotify in this post. The app doesn’t provide any compulsory duration to be followed. One can back out any time if they don’t want to use Spotify.
Spotify is a world renowned music streaming service provider with a huge collection of music libraries. Spotify was announced as the most downloaded app globally in terms of music with over 20 million downloads. It provides an excellent range of music of various genres and artists all together in one place. You can easily find any song you wish to listen to.
If you have already joined the Premium subscription and now want to cancel it, we can help you out. We will tell you how to cancel a Spotify Premium subscription in this article in detail.
How To Cancel Spotify Premium
A single Spotify Premium account can give you access to a number of newly released songs and also download 10,000 songs on your device. You know, all good things are a little expensive. Spotify also charges prices for different subscription accounts. However, if you don’t want to spend so much on music when you can go for free ones then that’s totally fair.
Why Do I Need Spotify Premium
Spotify provides three kinds of subscriptions for its users. Below are the details about them.
- Free Service: You don’t have to pay anything to the app for free service. Once you install the app, you can start playing music. But you can’t have access to songs in offline mode. Frequent ads are displayed while playing songs. A major disadvantage is you can’t listen to music for more than 20 hours per month for the first 6 months. After 6 months, it will reduce to only 10 hours per month. You aren’t even allowed to play the same song more than 5 times.
- Unlimited Plan: You have to pay $4.99 per month to buy this service. This plan provides unlimited music with ad-less streaming. However, you still go for offline music with this plan.
- Premium Plan: This will charge you $9.99 for a month and will give you access to unlimited streaming without restrictions. You can download music on your phone and can play them offline. It doesn’t annoy you with the useless ads in between playing songs.
The premium subscription has its own advantages. You can play Unlimited music with no ads at all. You can also download up to 10,000 songs in your library to play offline. 3 devices can access your account at a time in an offline mode. You can use one Premium membership on your computer, tablet, iPod, mobile phone, etc.
How To Cancel Spotify Premium On Website
If you bought a Premium membership from the official website of Spotify itself, then you need to go through the browser. Follow the simple steps given below to achieve the purpose:
- Launch your browser and go to the ‘Spotify‘ website.
- Give your email id & password and login to your own Spotify account.
- Go to ‘Menu‘ and choose the ‘Subscriptions‘ option.
- Select ‘Your Plan‘ and under that go for ‘Change Plan‘.
- Go down and find ‘Spotify Free‘ and hit on the ‘Cancel Premium‘ option.
- You will see a pop-up asking you to confirm.
- Tap on ‘Yes‘.
That’s it. Your current plan will be switched to a free plan. You can no longer use the benefits of the Premium plan but you can still access the downloaded songs which you have saved before. However, ads and restrictions will be applied.
The same method can be used for Android Spotify users. If you have the subscription on your mobile phone, you can follow the steps above or you can go to the Play Store to cancel the membership.
How To Cancel Spotify Premium For iOS
If the above mentioned method is not working for you then you must have subscribed through iTunes. You need to follow the below steps to halt the subscription.
- Head to the Apple Store on your iOS device (iPhone or iPad)
- Open your profile which is located on the top-right corner of the page.
- Select the ‘Subscriptions‘ option.
- Click on ‘Active‘ and you will see the device apps.
- Find ‘Spotify‘ and click on it.
- Scroll down and click on ‘Cancel Subscription‘.
- Go ahead & click the ‘Confirm‘ button.
- Completely free driver updater
- Crunchyroll premium free accounts
- Crunchyroll use guest pass
- How to cancel CBS all access on iTunes
How To Cancel Spotify Premium Plan
If you subscribed to Spotify via Facebook, then simply log in to Spotify using your Facebook id and password. Go to your profile and cancel the membership.
If you are still having an issue with cancellation, then directly take help from the Spotify app. You can go to their helpline and explain your issue to them. They will help you cancel the membership.
How To Cancel Spotify Premium Free Trial
If you don’t want to buy a premium plan then you can simply go for a free trial. The Spotify app allows a 3-month free trial for Premium membership for its users. You can cancel the trial anytime. We suggest you cancel just a few days before the trial period ends. These steps will guide you to the procedure:
- Log in to your account page.
- For your plan, click Change Plan.
- Scroll to Spotify Free and click Cancel Premium.
- Continue through to the confirmation message.
Your account will display the last date of your trial period and you can access the features of Premium membership till the date without any worries.
Spotify is a great source of providing relaxation for music lovers. You can grab a Premium subscription easily with a free trial or just buy it by spending a little cash. This app is worth the price you pay. However, if you ever want to get rid of Spotify the app will not stop you from leaving. Use the methods we have listed above to halt Spotify subscription.
We hope this article was helpful to you. Any queries and suggestions, you can drop them in the comments section. For more information, please visit our website TechRulz. You can share this article with your friends if you found it useful.